Ah – the coveted Sephora sale. Few sales get me excited but this one is always highly anticipated in my book. Don’t get me wrong, drugstore products can be as equally effective, if not more so, than pricey beauty buys in the skincare and makeup categories – but I love a good deal nonetheless. Sephora’s annual spring beauty sale is currently live and in action.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve got an enormous list of favorited/loved items that you’ve been itching to buy but not at the top dollar price tag. I also like to consult my favorite MUA and dearest friend Becca Ashmon for any new makeup recommendations that she loves or suggests for certain looks.
I will say I’m personally angry at how Sephora has handled their promises to their employees during this pandemic – but I also feel torn to support the brand in hopes of keeping the company afloat and able to grant much needed jobs more quickly. Like many companies they made promises to care for and support the employees they laid off, only to later renege on their entire statement. Shady shady shady.
Of note, Sephora’s Beauty Insider Spring Sale is available to the public in stages depending on what level of Beauty Insider you rank along with the discount code “holidayfun” at checkout. Rouge VIB members are awarded 20% off and can shop the sale 10/30 until 11/9. VIB members get 15% off starting 11/3 to 11/9. Insiders are given 10% off from 11/5 to 11/9.
Didn’t snag everything you want or saw some other recommendations you’re now convinced you MUST try? No sweat – the codes can be used as endlessly throughout the aforementioned dates.
A Few Reminders
- Discount Code & Dates: Use code holidayfun
- Budget: Set yourself a budget. It’s very easy for me to splurge during a sale because in my mind, it’s on sale so I’m saving extra pennies which equals being able to buy something else. You can see the ripple effect. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Read the details and fine print: Sephora is excellent at using real customer pictures and reviews. Pay attention to the details of a product: ingredients that you do or don’t like, how it may react with sensitive skin, etc.
- Restock: This sale is my favorite time to restock on products I use all the time and have truly incorporated into my routines. That might seem like a given but I tend to get distracted by new and shiny things..I have to remind myself to also be practical and get WHAT I NEED.
- Trying New Things: That being said, it’s a great time to try new things and live a little! Splurge on that well-rated fancy eye cream or perfume you’re wanting to treat yourself to.
- In store experience: So often I hear people saying they’re so awful at makeup or don’t try new things because they have no idea how. WHY?! Take advantage of the in store stylists (when they open back up) or watch Youtube videos or MUA’s live tutorials all over Instagram right now and let them guide you – they’re fantastic at what they do and always have excellent tips and suggestions!
Ah.. without a doubt if you have damaged or color treated hair, you must must must try the Olapex series.
Okay first things first – this is a GAME-CHANGER! Throw away your exfoliators, this shames them all. The amount of dead skin that comes off with one use is both disgusting and absolutely incredible. I love Boscia in general, but this product might be their absolute best in my book! I linked a few of my other favorites from them I use as well.
Send me noods
This past yearish perhaps I’ve become a huge fan of nude lip colors. I once thought it made me look lipless but I think the shades are much better these days. What do you think? I bought the Huda in shade Anniversary and the Natasha Denona in wait for it…. Natasha. I also linked a lip set from Anastasia Beverly Hills I’ve got in my cart and my favorite set from Charlotte Tilbury.
Hello Bright Eyes
Have you seen the meme where if your teenage heartthrobs were 90’s stars like Devon Sawa and Jonathan Taylor Thomas it’s high time for an eye cream? Sign up yours truly. I’ve linked a few others I use and love but WOW these two are awesome. Tatcha’s pearl illuminating eye treatment is the glow I never knew I was missing out on. A little bitty dab goes a long way and does wonders on brightening eyes – even if you’re faking being awake and alert. I also bought this Kiehl’s Vitamin C eye serum and so far am loving it. I put it on at night and wake up with visibly perkier eyes – that makes no sense but try it and see what I mean.
Self Tanning Sensations
I’ve seen the hype about Tan Luxe for quite a while now and finally decided to give it a try. My paleness is HIGHLY apparent right now and as trivial as it sounds, spray tans are deeply missed. They made me feel a little more presentable… even in my day jammies.
Some beauty products I come across on my own – many I’m able to try via a PR package. I LOVE being introduced to new products and/or brands. For so many years I was under the impression moisturizers would make my skin oiler, but wow that’s old news. I’m religious about wearing it night and day now, particularly since I don’t drink near as much water as I should!
When I used to work at night in the CVICU and SICU, I’d always get comments about looking fresh at the end of the shift. Aside from a monstrous amount of caffeine, I’ve forever praised using makeup primers (and not touching my face). My makeup lasted an entire shift and then some by starting with a primer and ending with a setting spray.
B A N A N A S
I freaking LOVE this Glow Recipe wonder. It’s a light moisture cream that freaking smells like heaven. Whether it’s banana sno-cones or chapstick, I can’t ever get enough so I was absolutely delighted to try this. I already loved their watermelon sleeping mask and avocado moisture creams, this is just icing on the cake!
Serums and Oils
Another essential part of my OCD skincare routine is the use of a nightly serum, oil or both. Whether it’s vitamin C serum or rosehip oil.. there are so many great products out there that deliver a variety of benefits. I rotate throughout the week to keep my skin guessing and invigorated.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, a great blowdryer can make all the difference in your hair’s appearance. I’ve had my Dyson for 3? years now.. 2 or 3, but i’m thinking it’s 3 and I still love it! This sale is the absolute best time to buy a more expensive hair tool – like the Dyson hair dryer or the T3 multi wand curler. I haven’t tried the other Dyson tools out there and hope to one day, I’ve heard amazing things! Also stock up on these hair towels, WOW they soak up water like a sponge and they’re not heavy!