*This is a sponsored post in partnership with CoolSculpting. All views, opinions, and experiences are my own.*
It’s finally time to reveal my CoolSculpting results with Dr. Lori Stetler! In my Part 1 blog post we discussed: how CoolSculpting works, my consultation process, my treatment experience, and other common procedural questions. Today I want to answer a basic yet relevant question: was it worth it?
ALSO – there is a 25% off code valid through the end of January (2019)! Visit Dallas Cosmetic Derm to redeem or call!
A Quick 411 Recap
- CoolSculpting boasts excellent patient satisfaction ratings with patients reporting up to 20 to 25% decrease in fat cells in the treated area with only 1-2 treatments
- CoolSculpting is non-surgical with no anesthesia, no needles, and little to no down-time
- CoolSculpting (depending on your treatment area) takes from as little as 35 minutes per area
- CoolSculpting (depending on the facility and area) can offer ‘dual’ CoolSculpting – basically using two machines at once to treat 2 areas at the same time, making the process that much quicker and efficient. I did this for my love handles and “banana roll” underneath the buttocks
- CoolSculpting results can appear anywhere from 1-3 months, with a total fat reduction of up to 20 to 25 percent in the treated area. The better part? Results are long lasting!
Body Parts You CAN Treat with CoolSculpting
In the U.S., the CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the:
- submental area (under the chin)
- Submandibular (below the jawline)
- flanks (love handles)
- bra fat
- back fat
- underneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll)
- upper arms aka “bat wings”
What I had Treated with CoolSculpting
I am supremely pleased with my abdominal results. The overall result is leaner and looks great even a few days after Thanksgiving meals – HUGE HOORAY! I noticed the biggest difference in the narrowing of my flanks and slimming of my lower abdomen. In my case, I needed two treatments of my lower abdomen to achieve the look I most wanted.
Admittedly I thought I saw little to no results in my banana roll areas despite having two treatments done. When I looked again, I noticed more of a defined “line” where the buttock begins, if that makes sense. What I wanted to point out, however, is the density of this tissue and body area – particularly on me. This is where I gain most of my weight. I also made certain for sake of results and before/afters to maintain the exact diet I had before starting this journey. I eat (fairly) healthy but also allow myself pizza or whatever craving I might have throughout the week.
What IS different though is the amount of exercise in my daily life. In the summer I was following a workout schedule of roughly an hour a day 4-ish days a week. Once I moved in August and since, I broke a few toes in my left foot and couldn’t exercise at all much less walk in heels. The remarkable thing about that is I didn’t gain any weight in the areas I had treated – which speaks volumes! I gained a (little) but even amount of weight throughout my body, but my abs and my banana roll remained roughly unchanged, which I still consider a win. Now that my toes are healed, I plan on increasing my exercise routine once more.
This has been a marvelous journey with CoolSculpting and I couldn’t thank them and Dr. Lori Stetler enough for allowing me to showcase my results. I hope you all continue to stay tuned to watch my journey and be sure to send your questions my way! Remember, there are COOL ways to shape your image of your most ideal self – don’t fall victim to fads, gimmicks, and UNCOOL methods. Be healthy, be smart, and be COOL!