Alice, have I gone mad?
I’m MAD for this pink version of the Johnny Depp mad hatter – she’s every bit as cooky and fun-loving, and even has the same crazy mess of hair – but with pink accents!
A lady mad hatter was incredibly fun to create, but I still kept his general makeup the same. Blue/purple eyes and orange eyebrows. I actually forgot to buy feathers to make the eyebrows stand out – so I used glitter glue and a mixture of golds and red glitter to make orange.
The costume was incredibly affordable; I added some white tights and some new white lace up booties (loving that these are back in style!).
Makeup I Used
How I Applied the Makeup
Okay so – my tutorial video crashed. Is mercury in retrograde? Ugh. So.. let’s go through this pink mad hatter look step by step.
- Painted on the Mehron white clown paint. This stuff is super thick so a little goes a LONG way! Then take a damp beauty sponge and blend it out so it looks even and not splotchy.
- Set the paint with setting powder.
- Next I sculpted the cheeks and nose with pink and purple shadows. I grabbed the pink from MAC Never Say Never blush and purple from Rimmel’s Magnif’eyes Rainbow Palette.
- For the eyes, the purple was a blend of the purples from the above Rimmel palette. Lot’s of blending. I added glitter with Elf glitter glue and lavender purple glitter from this glitter palette. The turquoise eye was grabbed from the one turquoise shade in Rimmel’s Magnif’eyes Colour edition. I added turquoise glitter from the above glitter palette.
- I didn’t have white false eyelashes, and couldn’t find any that would arrive in time before Halloween, so I improvised and used NYX white liquid eyeliner and painted over my lashes. Worked like a charm! I also lined the water lines with white eyeliner to give the eyes a bigger appearance.
- For the eyebrows, I shaded them with neon orange eyeshadow, then mixed golds and red glitter to form a brilliant orange. Some people use feathers to create his exaggerated brows – but I liked a glitter brow. More girly!
- The lips were a blend of colors. I used MAC Cyber on the outer corners and blended in with MAC show orchid to accentuate the two pink and purples on my cheeks and nose. I lined with a similar hot pink liner. I also threw a tiny dab of some loose pink glitter onto the lips for a little shine.
- Lastly I highlighted with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Moon Child glow kit.
- If you have some fun contacts – throw them on! I already had some for other looks. They are incredibly fun and really bring a look an extra level of pizazz!
- You can grab my pink wig – I also contemplated this cute one!