You’re a mean one… Mr. Grinch!
These Grinch cookies are by far the easiest yet most adorable holiday treats I’ve ever made.
I was inspired by various Tik Tok makeup artists to finally create my own Grinch makeup look this year. The makeup, in one take, turned out so well for a first time application! It’ll need some refining but I’ll definitely do it again next year. After converting myself to the Grinch I thought creating something edible would also be super cute.. and tasty.
I don’t know if I can choose between Jim Carrey’s 2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas or the original cartoon movie – both are so good. I created content for both and LOVE how they turned out!
Is little Cindy Lou not the cutest little thing you’ve ever seen? She had no idea the Grinch was about to steal her entire Christmas away.
This recipe makes quite a few cookies which freeze quite well, or the dough. I also haven’t used food coloring in ages and forgot that a little goes a loooooong way. They’re a wee bit greener than I was wanting, but still just as tasty. Remember, it’s easier to add rather than take away. Do as I say, not as I do.Print
Quick and Easy Holiday Grinch Cookies
These holiday Grinch Cookies are a tribute to Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! They’re dressed up soft sugar cookies that feature green coloring and the cutest wee little heart sprinkle.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24–30 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Green food coloring or green gel icing color if available
- Red heart sprinkles
- 1–2 oz white chocolate or white tube cookie icing
- bowl of granulated sugar for dough coating
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, foil, or silicone baking mats.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
4. Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the egg to the butter/sugar mix and blend until well combined.
6. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
7. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined. It should be thick but not sticky. Do not over mix. Be SURE to scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are well combined!
8. Add a COUPLE of drops of green gel icing color to the dough. If an option, wear gloves to hand blend. Remember: less is more. You can always add more if needed.
9. Scoop 1 & 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Roll into a ball in your palm, then toss each ball in the bowl of sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet.
10. Bake cookies for approximately 10 minutes, give or take. Remove just before the edges begin to turn visibly golden. A touch of gold is fine. Don’t over bake.
11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely, if you have one.
12. Add the heart sprinkle to the upper right of the cookie. The first time I made these I melted the white chocolate and applied a dot of white chocolate to the sprinkle, and then attached the heart to the cookie. Now I opt for something less messy and use tube icing to dot the sprinkle. MUCH easier. Allow to dry.
It’s really tough to get the exact softness preferred in your sugar cookies until you’ve practiced quite a bit. Even so, I’m still perfecting mine! I’ve found that the blend of sugars makes a big difference – so be sure to use both brown and granulated sugar in your mixes if you like softer cookies!
Keywords: grinch cookies
I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win: a $550 Visa Gift Card to celebrate 2021!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until EOD 12/30. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.a Rafflecopter giveaway