The Sephora sale is here once more – the time to restock on your favorites or maybe try those things you’ve been on the fence about. In a nutshell, here are my picks this time around, products old and new. Some of the products I use in my nightly skincare routine can also be found here.
Tips to Keep in Mind
I’ve mentioned these tips before in this previous Sephora sale post, but here they are again.
- Discount Code & Dates: Use code summersave for 20% off your purchase.
- Rouge level access, 20% off with code SUMMERSAVE – August 19th
- VIB level access, 15% off with code SUMMERSAVE- August 20th
- Budget: Set yourself a budget. It’s very easy for me to splurge during a sale because in my mind, it’s on sale so I’m saving extra pennies which equals being able to buy something else. You can see the ripple effect. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Read the details and fine print: Sephora is excellent at using real customer pictures and reviews. Pay attention to the details of a product: ingredients that you do or don’t like, how it may react with sensitive skin, etc.
- Restock: This sale is my favorite time to restock on products I use all the time and have truly incorporated into my routines. That might seem like a given but I tend to get distracted by new and shiny things..I have to remind myself to also be practical and get WHAT I NEED.
- Trying New Things: That being said, it’s a great time to try new things and live a little! Splurge on that well-rated fancy eye cream or perfume you’re wanting to treat yourself to.
- In store experience: So often I hear people saying they’re so awful at makeup or don’t try new things because they have no idea how. WHY?! Take advantage of the in store stylists and let them guide you – they’re fantastic at what they do and always have excellent tips and suggestions!
This time around I decided to grab two new palettes – a nude palette and a gray I’ve been searching for, mainly for fall colors. I also bought a new foundation brush I’ve been wanting to try, as well as a well-rated powder foundation with its coordinating brush. I’m a big fan of Too Faced already, so I have high hopes for the foundation. It’s still hot and stupid humid here, so the more I can avoid heavy makeup, the better.
Ah, my love – skincare. I’ve become obsessed to say the least. When I see a new product and haven’t tried it yet, I really like trying the mini versions if they’re available – they’re also a fraction of the cost of a full sized product. Origins is excellent at this! I’ve also heard great things about the Biossance line so I’m giving their oil-based cleanser a go. I don’t always use oil cleansers unless I’m wearing makeup that day. I’ll use it first because it really grabs onto any makeup left on my face from a makeup wipe, and then wash with the Tula cleanser after that. Double washing is key! I also purchased a new Kiehl’s mask because their masks are always phenomenal, and restocked on this one!
Other products I tend to get are a refill of body wash, a new seasonal lipstick, and perhaps any tools/devices I’ve been eyeing. Read here for my NuFace review. Also consider a hair dryer if you’re in the market. I still stand by my Dyson but also love my T3 dryer and interchangeable curling iron.