Ten Little Things Friday
“Friday roundup” posts are hardly a new thing, and I’ve come to look forward to reading them from some of my other fellow bloggers like Kathleen Barnes. I figured I’d incorporate this idea into my own posts since it adds a consistent posting to the weekly schedule. I think it’s a fun way to incorporate anything I’ve perhaps been mentioning over an Instagram or to highlight recent happenings.
I’m a HUGE over-thinker/over-analyzer and lately I’ve been considering (again) not so much the nature of this blog but more so the direction and vision of my photos. It (the over analysis) is becoming a trend every summer around the anniversary of the blog. I’ve worked with various photographers and creatives over the past three years and am so appreciative of their talents – but I’m really wanting to start doing this more on my own. Not specifically ALL on my own, but more of my content than I have in the past. I’ve been having so much fun recently learning how to edit my photos via different apps and such – now I just need to practice taking better photos on my own! Youtube 101 – commencing now.
Thus here are 10 little things that I’m working on/loving this week/have my eye on- etc.etc.
- I just realized TODAY that school starts again in one week. WHAT?! The past week and a half off was NOT enough but I’m eager to start another semester full of new information. That being said, I have zero clinical hours this fall and want to make use of all my time at home not spent in my books. I’m looking into local classes for spin, hot yoga, and possibly pilates. I’ve got a little over a month left until I can drive again – and you best believe I’m heading back into the gym once that’s possible! Speaking of spin – one of these days I’m taking the plunge for a Peloton or an Echelon. Do you have one? I’ve read so many reviews on both!
- I bought this dress from ASOS – I can’t wait to wear it.
- I’ve been eyeing some cowboy boots on Shopbop for a while now – but they’re crazy expensive. I found these on Amazon and they’re SO cute and a fifth of the price of designer versions!
- I just finished Caraval last night and started Legendary today. It took me a couple of chapters to really get into the plot of Caraval, but now I’m totally hooked. Thank you to Stephanie for the rec, you were right!
- I originally had this and this dress in my wishlist on Shopbop – then they sold out! I bought them both once they restocked because they’re gorgeous and ideal for anything somewhat dressy and the fabrics make them wearable in the futures to come (aka not too trendy).
- Lot’s of q’s on Instagram about this comforter on my bed. I love the pattern! I still haven’t decided how I want to finish this master bedroom – I have SO many ideas. Thinking I’m going to have to bring a designer on board to bring it all to life.
- I just finished shooting lots of new tops sent to me from my friends at Prince Peter Collection. They have the best graphic tees!
- I’m trying to cook more. I say this a lot, I know, but cooking for one is zero fun to me. Charlie is flying so much it’s usually just me and the dogs. I did make this Ramen recipe the other week and OMG – it’s a keeper! (Spicy Peanut Ramen).
- For any of my fellow healthcare workers or anyone who wears scrubs – I saw an ad for Figs Scrubs at the beginning of the summer and decided to try them out. I LOVE THEM. I’ve bought them in so many colors – the jogger pants are by far my favorite!
- I spent today doing a lot of “office” work and had some movies playing in the background. I started with Notting Hill, then progressed to Pretty Woman, and now am on Runaway Bride. Not sure why I got a Julia Roberts itch but watching these all sure made me smile. Nostalgia in small doses always warms my heart. What your favorite movies to look back on/.
Shop the Things
Win a $400 Amazon Gift Card!
Win a $400 Amazon Gift Card by just giving a few minutes of your time!
How to enter
Entering is easy! Use the widget below to enter. You can earn points for every action you take (follow someone on Instagram, click through to a blog post, etc) The more actions you take, the more points you win! The widget will randomly pick a winner, so your odds increase with the more points you have!
Make sure to actually do an action as we check to make sure you really entered correctly and will not award prizes to people lying.
As a heads-up, by entering this giveaway, you are opting into all the hosts’ email newsletters. You may opt out of their newsletters at anytime after receiving them.a Rafflecopter giveaway
August 18, 2019 @ 7:49 pm
Eeeek I feel so special that I made it into this post as a mention for recommending Caraval! I sure hope you love love the entire trilogy. I didn’t know what to do with my life when I finished them up. I wanted to read them all over again!! Any favorite characters? This little round-up of your life lately is awesome!
August 19, 2019 @ 8:53 pm
Um I finished them ALL already! Each of the main characters I love for different reasons but I have to say I was always pulling for Legend in the end. And of course, Julian is a heart throb. I’m super sad they’re finished 🙁
August 19, 2019 @ 9:34 am
Sounds like a great giveaway, good luck to the participants. Love your photo editing style btw!
August 19, 2019 @ 1:43 pm
I am a perfectionist when it comes to my photos, too! I can spend forever editing because I knit-pick over the tiniest details. I love your photos, though!!!
August 19, 2019 @ 11:50 pm
Ok, I gotta try this Ramen recipe! Ps. I love your photos and outfits!
Megan Elliott (@LushtoBlush)
August 20, 2019 @ 4:13 pm
Omg these photos are AMAZING. Love love!! Also lovinggg that comforter you shared! And now you have me wanting to watch all the Julia Roberts classics lol
August 21, 2019 @ 11:09 pm
That Pottery Barn duvet you’ve link here is SO pretty!! I love it! Also. I love your style ✨ these photos are amazing!! Xx, Morgs*