Currently checking in from the ever-buzzing New York City! I’ve been up here all week for some blog-related meetings and really exciting photoshoot for a brand this Sunday (eeeek!). Coming from Dallas, being up here in 70 degree weather is rejuvenating. Walking around in crisp air that actually feels like fall isn’t something Texans get very much of, if it all.
I’ve been a little MIA from here for the last week or two simply because life has been BUSY. School .. particularly the amount of weekly reading is no joke. 14+ chapters or more of disease-related information is daunting enough, but I feel like I’m not retaining all the nitty gritty and that never settles well. I have a quiz tomorrow that is 40-50 questions and my anxiety has me ready to pee my pants. *no judgement zone*
This week in NYC was mainly for the purpose of meeting my new management agency! This sounds a little ridiculous (and I’m not equating myself to this example) but think of actors and their agents. I say this specifically because Jessy, the CEO of Boldstreak, once managed celebrities before she founded her agency. The timing is perfect for me because I have little to no time to reach out to brands/negotiate partnerships and deals because I’m so hyper-focused on school – and they’ll be on the lookout for all things that might be a good fit for me! They had a meet and greet this week with a few of the influencers they manage and I have to say I couldn’t be MORE ecstatic to join this team! I say this because looking around the room, there was an enormous variety of talent, race, color, age, creed, orientation, you name it! I’ve seen agencies who generally manage the same type of aesthetic and I find it incredibly dull. To be a part of a group that represents all the variety of life means SO much to me! It was such a pleasure to get to know some of these other influencers in the group – one of which I’ve been obsessed with for YEARS. Talking about you, Bella! If you’re on the hunt for travel inspiration, she’s your girl! But I warn you, you’ll be filled with envy!
Here are a few things I’ve had my eye on lately, including the outfits I’ve worn while up here in NYC. Enjoy!
- Plaid Suit – Power suits are all the rage, and have been for a while now. I love this empowering trend and how it emboldens women to look fierce AND fashionable. This suit is partly on sale, and snagged LOTS of compliments!
- Victorian era themed fashion. Okay, not entirely Victorian with bustles and corsets, but somewhat there. I wore this corset belt and mock neck button top yesterday and this outfit SLAYED the streets of NYC. I cannot tell you how many times random passing strangers complimented the look! Whoever said New Yorkers weren’t friendly clearly weren’t strutting the sidewalks of Hell’s Kitchen. Found the high waisted pants here, the belt here, and the shoes here.
- Micro bags. I know I mentioned these in my fall trend report but I had to re-mention because this week I met with my favorite ladies at Studio 33. THEY ARE AMAZING!! Not only are the women behind the brand just absolutely incredible and full of life, the bags are just the cutest. They’re fun, they’re edgy, they’re on trend without being too trendy and in the moment, and are excellent quality WITHOUT breaking the bank! Just about every bag can be worn a variety of ways with or without the chain attachment: shoulder, crossbody, tote, etc. All of these bags below are coming out in February/March – and the colors are just exquisite. This yellow one is actually a super small bag, reminiscent of this Jacquemus tiny bag but not several hundred dollars. It can also be worn on your belt, side by side with other colors. Is that not the cutest idea? I can’t wait to snag them!
- Printed midi dresses. I adore this new Free People dress. It’s got a bit of a key hole back, a high neck, and is stretchy! It also comes in another color, and I’m trying to tell myself I don’t need both. It’s very flattering and goes great with boots!
- Speaking of prints, I’ve got my eye on this gorgeous dress. It’s definitely more of a splurge, but dang the print just calls to me! I love the silhouette and elegance! The hunter green is also beautiful, and perfect for the upcoming holidays!
- Blaire Eadie collection. She is one of the very few bloggers that I think does a collaboration collection WELL. I feel like a lot of brands can simply tack on a blogger/influencer’s name to some cheap crap and call it a day. Her collection, on the other hand, is exemplary in the fact you can SEE her dedication, influence, and input throughout the line. I really loved her collaboration with Halogen/Nordstrom last fall, and word has it another one is about to drop in the next week or two, eeek! She announced her popular blouse from last year was made into a dress of three colors – I loved the style so much I bought a red and a navy! Are you excited for her new drop?
- Travel makeup case. I showed this in my stories the other day and so many of you had questions! I originally bought this case after Ashley was raving about it. I’ve never been more impressed! Lots of other travel vanity bags just let your makeup fly around the bag. I’ve arrived to destinations only to discover my powder or palettes are all broken and ruined. NOT with this bad boy!
- After any travel, particularly in longer flights, I always make sure to hydrate my skin. Yes, I try to drink lots of water, but I’m more inclined to remember my skincare routines. This Tula kefir “mask” although I think it’s more like a very rich moisturizer, is absolutely excellent. My skin never missed a beat and looks positively glowy. Remember code Tararrized for 20% off! *News Flash* it’s gone from the site?!?! I’m hoping this is because of new packaging because I was not told it was being taken away from production?! There is a Kefir pressed serum that looks similar… but I am highly distressed!
- A new sherpa fleece pullover. Ah, you guys, I love that the weather here is 70 degrees. It’s the perfect temp for me to pull on a snuggly top and not be too hot or cold. I picked this one up from Abercrombie before I left, it’s super soft and cushy. Premium snuggle wear! Yes it comes in pink, and five other colors!
- Lastly, let’s talk about my new hair!! I finally pulled the plug on getting some new extensions. I’ve had mine out for almost two years and boy does it feel great to have some long locks again! Don’t get me wrong, I loved every bit of my short hair phase, pixie cut and all, but I definitely feel more like myself with longer hair. Andrea, who is actually the sister-in-law of one of my good high school buddies, not only does the hand-tied method, she also has her own trick of making the wefts invisible! I can pull my hair up and they’re NOT visible! In all my years of various types of extensions (clip in, beaded, bonded, tape in) they were always highly visible and thus, an eye sore. I am so so so pleased with these and how well they blend into my shoulder length hair. Andrea installed 3 years, with a total of 13 wefts. She also has her own hair line (which I think is incredible!) which is what we used on my head. She is mainly located in my hometown, Wichita Falls, but also comes to Dallas every few weeks. She also travels all around the country teaching her method, so cool! I have a feeling when I see her again in November I’ll be asking for another row 😉