TGIF! I just realized that a) my fall semester starts tomorrow (le sigh) and next weekend is Labor Day weekend. What?!
It’s a little unnerving how freakishly fast this year has jetted by. I sneeze and two months have suddenly evaporated! Anywho…. do you have any weekend plans? We’re painting the powder bath’s sink pedestal this weekend (finally) from it’s awful brown color to white. It’s one step closer to finishing – it just needs a new brass faucet set and that’ll be it! I was also invited to an event in Bishop Arts with Austin Eastciders on Saturday – but we’ll see how hot it is. Still not risking extreme heat with these unpredictable seizures of mine. One more month and I’ll be at the three month mark and a little more “stable.”
- I’m working on kitchen island decor. I haven’t been sold on anything I’ve done thus far, so I’m adding little changes. I bought these decorative orbs and this glass dome set. I had also bought a beautiful ginger jar at Hobby Lobby yesterday that was half off, only $30. If you saw my IG stories yesterday – it rolled out of the trunk when I opened it and shattered everywhere. AAAhhhh! AND it was the last one, ergh! BUT one of my dear followers reminded me that the Greeks purposely break dishes for good luck – so I’m gonna hold onto that! A silver lining never hurts right?
- It’s Anthro Day! Snag 20% off clothing + home and 30% off fall favorites. I’m grabbing this polka dot jumpsuit! Anthropologie has always been on the pricier side, but I love investing in some signature pieces because they LAST. I’ve still got dresses from there that are beyond 5 years old, and they’re in amazing shape. There’s a huge difference in the amount of money I’m willing to spend on cheap clothing that might not even last one wash compared to items that will endure years worth of wear.
- It’s also Sephora Sale time. Did you see my picks? I tried out the new Olapex hair oil last night and I like it! Using that combined with my beloved Revlon wand dryer took 3 total minutes to dry my hair. The oil not only hydrates your hair but also serves as a heat protectant! I also used my new Aquis hair towels for the first time – and they’re gold. Have you tried?
- I’m finally getting around to styling our mudroom cubbies. I ordered this personalized wreath and can’t wait til it gets here!
- I had ordered some new fall shoes from Steve Madden the other day. One of them finally arrived (they were all pre-orders) and DANG do I love the retro vibes!
- I’m a total snacker rather than a person that eats big meals. I usually eat a bigger dinner but I’m not a breakfast person and often forget lunch. I blame being a night nurse for so long and thus not really being hungry during the day. I’m a big yogurt pretzel junkie and just now discovered Trader Joe’s pretzels are on Amazon. You’re welcome.
- Facebook targeting ads keep shoving this Charlotte Tilbury palette in my face. I finally bit the bullet and purchased it because I’ve been staring at it in wonder for long enough. I’m a big fan of CT already, so I expect greatness from this gorgeous palette set (includes coordinating lip color too!).
- I saw this Cuvee Air Dry Mist in an article recently. It was highly highly recommended. I’m eager to try it once it arrives! I’m all about less work these days. Funny how I’m somehow transformed into a creature COMPLETELY opposite of my younger self. That girl put so much effort into always feeling like she needed to look 100% 24/7. Now I just want to hug her and bless her little heart.
- I don’t know when tortoise on shoes became a thing but I’m here for it. I grabbed these chunky heeled mules from Nordstrom. SO cute!
- I rejoined Pure Barre this week! I’ve been a slug for the past few months mainly for fear I’d seize in the game and pee my pants in front of strangers (again). Holy crap I’m so sore but it feels amazing to get moving again. Our healthy is a precious thing – and you never know what you have until it’s gone. Treasure and take care of it!