(my godmother always calls me that, I’ve never for the life of me known why)
How’s your week? It’s Wednesday! Mid-way through the week, whew!
I don’t know about you but this week has been so moving. I’ll preface this by saying I talk about my job and my patients a lot, I truly love it even on the most stressful of days. Don’t get me wrong, all the people surrounding me are amazing… but it’s my patients who steal my heart (and some of them talk about shoes with me! added bonus points). I love each and every one of my patients for their own special quirks, idiosyncrasies and imperfections that make them unique and truly special.. but.. I get especially choked up when I get to see my patients who were on death’s door who are now making improvements, big or small, and LIVING. This week has been filled with a few of those individuals and let me say, it never fails to remind me just how easy it is to take tomorrow for granted. It is a remarkable thing to hear a patient’s testimony, listening to how sick they were and praying for a miracle, praying for life only to return a year or two later to have walked their granddaughter to her first day of kindergarten. That is what makes this job so worth it.
Now that I’ve had my mushy moment, let’s catch up on the latest and greatest shall we?
1. The biggest YAY! moment, the IG account is picking up steam nicely. It’s unbelievably encouraging to see consistent followers and a growing fan-base in the two months of the Daiquiri Diaries existence. You guys are amazing, seriously.
2. I have some really fun collabs coming soon, so stay tuned for those! no spoilers 🙂
3. I’m finally, finally venturing to Napa soon! I’ve been all over California and have never set foot in wine country. By the time October rolls around, the weather will be crisp and absolutely beautiful! Napa fall foliage? Yes please!
4. My nephew started SECOND grade this week you guys. How in the world did he morph from a curly haired baby to this tiny adult?!
5. I finally was brave enough to try hot yoga for the first time this week at my gym (Equinox). As previously mentioned, I grew up a ballerina and have a love for ballet, dance, pilates and yoga. This was an entirely different level, I never knew I was capable of sweating to such a grotesque degree (but so was everyone else). Even though I walked out looking like the globby Pokeman, Grimer (remember, girl geek!) I felt so, so good! I’m going back for more tonight! Follow my snapchat to see the horror 🙂
6. Labor Day is right around the corner. I’ve always been curious who actually believes in the “no wearing white after labor day” rule. What are your thoughts? I personally love beautiful winter whites. I’m looking forward to a long weekend of rest, and good food of course!
7. I found a new online boutique I completely adore, Morning Lavender. I’m a total @carriebradshawlied JUNKIE and had to have a skirt she was wearing, which led me to their site. The cutest!Reminds me of BHLDN but for every day, not weddings. And speaking of, see my look below (earrings included), Texas version! I want to wear this every day!
September 5, 2016 @ 12:21 pm
This is greatness Tara! Thank you it is so inspiring. I enjoyed reading Daiquiri Diaries.
September 14, 2016 @ 8:57 am
Thank you Ruei! Glad to you have following along!