Ah, it’s that time again. The glorious Sephora sale. A few weeks ago I wrote my latest grabs, you can catch that post here. I’ve also had a few requests to create a post dedicated to my typical “look” so stay tuned for that.
Honestly life has been so nuts lately I feel rather disconnected from the blog and writing. Some times I sit back and admire the bloggers who routinely churn out content every single day. On the flip side though, I feel completely okay letting this fall to the wayside when life starts to get a little (or a lot) overwhelming. The nurse in me acutely focuses on the situation at hand and triages what’s important – social media is not. Not ever. A blogger I follow just had a baby (yay!) but literally was within hours liketoknowit shilling everything and then returned home the next day to churn out a Sephora sale post. I mean, it’s her full time job so I get that hustle, but when you’re old and reliving memories, will you be at a loss because you’re so enveloped in social media that you didn’t get enough of those personal moments that can never be repeated? It really shocked me how aggressive it all was in the face of such a momentous occasion, you know?
Anyway, that long rant was just a backstory on why I step away from here time to time and feel zero guilt. I hope you do, too.
- Discount Code: Use code heyrouge for 20% off your purchase.
- Budget: Set yourself a budget. I like to justify extra spending purely because it’s on sale, but that’s never helpful and always gets me a stern look from Charlie.
- Read the details and fine print: Sephora is excellent at using real customer pictures and reviews. Pay attention to the details of a product or it might not arrive to be what you’re searching for (like getting a glittery eyeshadow instead of a matte).
- Restock: This sale is my favorite time to restock on products I use all the time and can’t live without. That might seem like a given but I tend to get distracted by new and shiny things..I have to remind myself to also be practical and get WHAT I NEED.
- Trying New Things: That being said, it’s a great time to try new things and live a little! Splurge on that well-rated fancy eye cream or perfume you’re wanting to treat yourself to.
- In store experience: So often I hear people saying they’re so awful at makeup or don’t try new things because they have no idea how. WHY?! Take advantage of the in store stylists and let them guide you – they’re fantastic at what they do and always have excellent tips and suggestions!
I’ve been on a mission to grow my hair back out after my chopping of 2018. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my pixie cut and am so glad I did it, BUT I discovered that I very much feel more like myself with longer hair. So… I take collagen in the morning with my coffee, take hair vitamins that are magic, and have been using Olapex #3-6 for the last month. The difference it has made in the texture of my hair is amazing! I also love my hair blonde (I’m naturally very dark) so keeping it strong and healthy is priority.F
I’m a sucker for a good face mask that delivers results. The Summer Fridays Jet Lag mask is already one of my favorites for hydration. Now I’ve add the R+R mask and Overtime mask to the family. The R+R mask has a wild rose powder element that smells amazing combined with a grit factor that is gentle yet invigorating leaving your skin extra glowy! The Overtime mask on the other hand smells like a chai tea infused with turmeric (yum!) and is a great exfoliator that rejuvenates the skin. I’m in love with all three.
Glow Recipe is a k beauty brand I’ve really grown fond of. Their avocado mask and watermelon mask are both excellent, I’m excited to try this new pineapple brightening serum! Stay tuned. Last month I bought the watermelon mist; while it smells great and is refreshing in a light and airy kind of way.. that’s all my feels for it. Not top of my list in that department.
Kiehl’s & Boscia
I am a ginormous fan of both brands. I’m addicted to Kiehl’s serums – they’re amazing! I’ve tried three of them without disappointment.
That being said, I’m eager to try the deep pore masque. Boscia and I (in my mind) are now best friends. I adore them. Their team is incredible, inclusive, and one of the most engaged brands I’ve ever seen. I’m always so impressed with their communication and zeal. I love their charcoal nose strips and have been loving the rosewater + witch hazel toner. It’s awesome at shrinking pores and drying up oil!
Shamefully admitting right now I got sucked into the new NARS release vortex and put nearly the entire dropped collection into my cart. The lipstick is an iconic shade and I adore it for any minimal or glam look. The balm I’m a little on the face about as I don’t find it overwhelming in any way (good or bad) and find others to be better, like the Laneige balm. I adore the lip sleeping mask (so much) and was pumped when they made a balm in tube/mess free form. It also comes in a few different flavors!
NARS & Others
- Endless Orgasm Palette: These are cream shades that can be used for eyes, cheeks, and even lips that pop. I love their pigment and overall glowy shimmer.
- Jumbo Orgasm Blush: I adore this color. It applies lightly and builds well if you’re wanting a more intense color. It’s very light and sweet.
- Liquid Orgasm Highlight: This is also a very pretty highlight if you prefer a liquid vs creme or powder. The glow is everything you need for summer!
- Too Faced Pretty Rich Diamond Palette: This has been sitting in my cart for a little while but I finally bit the bullet and I love it. The shades are glittery and awesome for any glam look. They truly glitter like diamonds.
- Kaja Bento Eyeshadow Trio: This was a curiosity purchase. It’s smaller than expected but the pigments are rich. I need to use it a little more to develop a full opinion but initial reaction: very tiny little trio.
- Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer: I’ve heard rave reviews from several sources about this product. I haven’t tried yet but I’m anxious to see if it lives up to the hype. A great primer is key in a long-lasting look.
- Kat Von D Eye Pencil: restocking my white eye pencil for my lower lids. It’s a classic way to make your eyes seem larger and more vibrant.
- Fenty Beauty Body Lava: Very excited to try this! I’m hoping it’s the glowy goddess vibes I’m imagining it to be.